8/12/2010

Ta Daaaa!!



Yay!! The baby afghan is finished. But, I ended up not following the pattern. I changed the edging on it.
I had started out making it with the pattern it called for, but decided I didn't like it that much. It is a beautiful afghan pattern. But it seems more geared torwards a girl with the ribbon edging. So since this is going to be for a boy, I changed it up. I did a DC and then finished it with the crab stitch.
















 I hope that you can see the border in this picture. Its hard to get a good shot of this afghan.










And here it is, all done. :) Now to wrap it up and give it to mom and dad for their new baby. :)













Here is my beautiful daughter. :) She is sitting there doing her favorite thing. LOL! Can you guess what that is?










No, not sure yet?












Ahhhh! Yes, texting with her friends. LOL!

Oh and she is wearing her current favorite hat. She loves to wear hats. Reminds me of me when I was little. My mom had several hats for me. And I am sure I took some hats from others to wear. LOL!







Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

5 comments:

Joansie said...

Looks great! I knew you'd get it done in time!

Posy Linda said...

Your daughter is really lovely. What is she chatting about with her friends. Something fun I hope. The blanket is perfect and the edging worked out just fine. I think it is more fitting for a boy. Well done!

Annemarie's Haakblog said...

The afghan is lovely! And your daughter too (-: Just wanted to let you know that I've posted the pattern of the crochet heart on my blog. Perhaps you'd like to give it a try.
Bye!
Annemarie

Hazel said...

Fantastic! You did that really quickly! x

freshpursuit said...

tats a gud afghan dear...n te border is perfect for a boy...i finished my afghan too after searchin a ot lot for a suitable edging...had i waited a lill bit..i wud def hv stolen ur border.. :)...i liked tat crab stitch..just dint click for me.